[TCML] NST Linearity was Toroid question

jimlux wrote:
I think it's not a coupling change, but an increase in loss as the core saturates. The VA drawn from the wall increases, but the VA out from the secondary decreases. (with the difference going into heating the core)..
In order for the coupling to not have changed as a function of sqrt(1-(Ioc/Isc)), then Isc measurement would be where error is introduced. As the waveform becomes less sinusoidal, possibly there is error, but the error would have to be very high (2.4A at the 150V setting). I would expect coupling to change in NST's due to the effectiveness and change of current into the shunts as voltage is increased.

Maybe I should run the test again with a CT and scope as opposed to true rms meter?

Take care,
Bart