[TCML] Radar Transformers for Sale

These are not mine, but I saw them at a hamfest today and thought someone
on this list might be interested.  I got his email address and said I
would tell 'some friends' who liked this sort of stuff about it. :-)

The hamfest was in Livermore, CA near the San Franciso bay area.

I am told they are pulse transformers from a Chinese radar system,
although another guy said it was Russian.

He was seling them for $10 each, with a giant 30Kv 0.4fUF capacitor.
Nobody bought them by the time the hamfest was wrapping up.

Pictures here...

http://www.ian.org/Remote/RadarTransformer.html

They are oil filled, and have a built in spark gap.  He had two
identical transformers that I saw.

The last two images are of the radar system the transformers went with.
No idea how much he was asking for those parts.

The sellers contact email is... fcherme@xxxxxxx

He said he doesn't check his email often, so don't be suprised if he takes
a few days to get around to it.

--
Ian Smith
www.ian.org