Re: [TCML] Pole Pig Cap

After carefully deburring the ends of your rods, you can immerse each one in
AC-43 varnish and then let air dry overnight.

I make up a square core 3" x 3" x 28" using silicone steel. I imerse each
individual piece in AC-43, let dry, and assemble taping them tightly
together with glasserized tape that forms a tight bond when heated in an
oven.

Makes a nice power reactor when using in a 300 turn #6 AWG wire.  I never
use variacs anymore --- not neccesary for full current control.  I use a
gearmotor 50 rpm to back the core out of the 300 turn coil.

Dr. Resonance