[TCML] Tube choice for a VTTC

List,

I've read previously that the best tubes for VTTCs are ones with low Mu's or amplification factors. If one were to happen upon a high Mu tube at a good price, is there a way to adapt the VTTC grid or primary circuits to make it work well? Would using fewer turns in the grid coil or some sort of resistive voltage divider be sufficient to optimize performance?

Does the high Mu make it harder for the system to remain stable when the coil is loaded by the streamers? Can anyone recommend a good reference book on the design of high power vacuum tube amplifier/oscillator circuits? Seems all I can find are books on guitar amplifier construction, a little small for my tastes.
Thanks,

Dave