Re: [TCML] Low Frequency AC

You're overlooking very one important thing. However you generate the 15 Hz power you also need a stepup transformer with enough iron in the core to support 6 kV @ 15 Hz. That's the equivalent of 24 kV at 60 Hz so an ordinary NST won't hack it. I gather you're really looking for something like a sine wave outfit. Less iron needed to transform 15 Hz bipolar pulses of short duration.

Ed

"Frank wrote:

Hi all,
I have a really strange question that is not really Tesla related but will all the HV expertise out there, someone might have a suggestion.

I need a high voltage, say around 6KV @ 30 ma +- AC source at 15 hz.

I was thinking of rectifying the AC to 110, no filters, and then building a mechanical chopper to drive a NST, kind of like an old vibrator car tube radio circuit.

Another approach is one of those 12V inverter circuits using 2n3055s (or something more modern).. easy to adjust the frequency

OR.. find a variable speed AC motor controller. "