Re: [TCML] Sword like dischare in CW mode, VTTC

Hi Jim,

The 7" dia coil which gave 36" sparks, ran at about 100kHZ (?)
It was wound with 28awg wire.  It always gave fuzzy sparks.
The secondary probably had a low Q due to the thin wire.

In one test, I replaced the VTTC secondary with a short 9" x 7" dia
secondary wound with 28awg wire, and retuned.  This gave
spiky sparks.

I did some tests with a 6.5" x 24" secondary wound
with 20awg wire.  I can't remember offhand how the sparks
looked.  I'll have to check my notes.  I was running the coil
using a plate transformer during the test, but I think it would
have benefited from using the 5kVA pig.

In any case I think your coil should work well using the parameters
you mention.

Cheers,
John