Re: [TCML] final word on inductance

Frosty skrev:
It looks like alot of confusion is arising from this point. Mayby Finn can
confirm that the square trace in his video link in the paper he wrote is the
waveform on the H-bridge, not the wave form on the gate drive transformers.
The concept is to reduce spikes on the main DC bus, not overshoot on the
gate drive waveforms, by compensating for the inherent, constant delay in
the drive electronics and IGBT turn on.
Yes, I can confirm that the yellow square wave is indeed the voltage waveform across the load. Maybe I was moving too fast here, but you see, I developed this paper over on 4HV.org, where everybody are well versed on SS coils. I just took it for granted that you all would take that for granted. Next coil has optocouplers, so than there will be no confusing gate transformer overshoot.

Cheers, Finn Hammer