From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Jim Mora
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2009 10:21 PM
To: 'Tesla Coil Mailing List'
Subject: [TCML] Sangamo and MMC in VTTC

Hi All,

I am scavenging parts for my (4x) 833c 6" coil. I am trying to keep the
freq
at ~ 350khz. That requires a .003uf or slightly less in my design. I
have on
hand a Sangamo type G2 (3.125" diameter x 3" high)(dual oval aluminum
end
plates) @ .003uf, 12amps, @ 8kv PWKG voltage. Will this stand up to this
abuse? I have my Mongo transformer working for multiplier or CW for
audio
fun. The phenolics I rat holed are leaking :-(

I also have (120) Panasonic  ECW-H .0082uf @ 2000 which as an MMC would
make
strings 18 long * 7 strings =~ .003uf. I couldn't get a realistic
current
out of Classic Tesla MMC. Does anyone know what the max current would be
for
7 strings? I imagine these will run just fine at 350Khz without getting
hot.
Direction to take would be a good thing. Sangamo's are getting hard to
find.
I wish I had bought 4 several years ago to stack and parallel!

Thanks,

Jim Mora