From: futuret@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [TCML] Sangamo and MMC in VTTC
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 13:39:16 -0400

Hi Jim,

For my 36" spark VTTC, I used RF mica caps rated at 8kV, but
I always used them in series for a 16kV rating .  Meanwhile the
transformer
voltage was about 5kV to 6kV.  There's resonant rise in the tank,
so that has to be allowed for.  I had no failures set up this way.
One time when I tried using a single mica at 8kV rating, it failed
rather quickly (within a few seconds).

Cheers,
John