Re: [TCML] The Hammertone Predikter

Hi Finn,

It would be interesting to do ring ups and all to find the phase error. At least to see which way to select the components to minimize it. Also to pump in some faults to see how the circuit performs. But it all looks "just fine" really...

Are you saying that the delay changes with amplitude? Richie said something to that effect too.
No, the phase or timing is not affected by amplitude. You and your video are correct. But assuming a ring-up signal would make the equation a bit longer and perhaps more accurate. It would not change the real numbers much though. Basically one would assume an input of:

w / ((s + a)^2 + w^2)  instead of  w / (s^2 + w^2)

That's EE stuff that some on the list will know about. But I am not sure if I am smart enough to do it... I might check it in MicroSim to see if it is worth thinking about.

Making the response flat might be very difficult. The same forces that flatten the response would also tend to ruin the function of the Predikter. But there might be some wonderful way to do it.

You can make the comparator matching anyway you want. The equations can help with that. Your method seems fine to me but another parson might have a different method that works well too. There are many ways to do it.

MicroSim, equations, scope pictures, real working coils!!!! - It might actually work!!! :D :D :D

Might?
Anyway, If there are tests that I can do to confirm theory, let me know.
I was joking.  ;)  It works fine.

Back to big gate transformers.
Oh darn. I think I am the only one still to use optical gate drive. I though everyone would be using it by now. But everything is changing very fast now.

Terry