From: Finn Hammer <f-h@xxxx>
Subject: Re: [TCML] The Hammertone Predikter
Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 6:32 AM

piranha skrev:
> Hi Finn,
>
>> It would be interesting to do ring ups and all to find the phase error.  At least to see which way to select the components to minimize it.  Also to pump in some faults to see how the circuit performs.  But it all looks "just fine" really...
>>
>> Are you saying that the delay changes with amplitude? Richie said something to that effect too.
> No, the phase or timing is not affected by amplitude.  You and your video are correct.  But assuming a ring-up signal would make the equation a bit longer and perhaps more accurate.  It would not change the real numbers much though.  Basically one would assume an input of:
Terry, Could you explain to me what a ring up signal is.
Until now I have been using it as the current ring-up in the primary of a DRSSTC, and as the ring-up in the secondary of both a DRSSTC, and also a classic Tesla Coil.

Another thing: It has been suggested that I use an adjustable inductor with a threaded ferrite  slug,
I don´t have any parts numbers so can´t really comment on it.
Anyone got parts nos. for adjustable inductors, in the 0.1 to 5 uH range, and preferably shielded.

Cheers, Finn Hammer