[TCML] Streamer development recorded with high speed camera

Hey guys,

I took an interesting video today, running my DRSSTC and high speed camera at the same rate, 120Hz. This allows you to see the development of the streamers burst by burst.

Youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUkeVj8WTQ0

Higher quality AVI:
http://4hv.org/e107_files/public/1235979158_347_FT0_tesla.avi

It takes a few pulses to grow the streamer enough to make contact with the duct on the left (~1m distance). I also notice a brighter, frantic arc action near the duct. I've seen this brighter section near the end on Van de Graaff sparks too. Any idea what causes it?

David