RE: [TCML] Primary Coil Copper Saving Idea

Hello Matt, Everyone,

I recommend not buying from SwordandTreasure because their copper prices are not in the range that I would consider acceptable in today's market. They have gone beyond trying to make a profit to the point of ripping people off. You can buy a large spool of essex wire directly from the company for $100, which is about what most of their current prices are, and you will, obviously, get a better deal from the manufacturer than you are from a distributor.

While uniformity and quality are important in Tesla coils, unless you're using heavy build wire, I am sure you can get more-than-adequate insulation that is better than the magnet wire by itself by simply coating the coil in polyurethane.

Keep in mind these are my observations and opinions, so I have no real factual basis, other than EXPERIENCE.

Matt: I appreciate your comment, however blunt it may have been, since it gave me a chance to explain my reasoning.

Have a good day,

Christopher