[TCML] Spark gaps (again)

I've been following earlier discussions about higher losses associated with multi-segmented?spark gaps (i.e., Richard Quick type) compared to a?single gap.? It's clear that the experience of this group has been power losses are significantly less with?a single gap style with adequate airflow.? But I'm not sure I caught why that is.? What is the reason that a 0.27" single gap loses less power than an 9-gap / 10 pipe RQ gap that has total gap size of 0.27"?? If total gap spacing is the same for both, why would one be more lossy than the other?

One other question, has anyone experimented with a RQ style using only 2 parallel pipes for a single gap???If so, what were the results.? With good air flow, it seems this set up?would be good for keeping the gap cool considering airflow goes between, around and through the pipes.? And you could make the pipes longer, say 4 to 5?inches for better heat sinking ability.?

Sorry to take everyone back to an old topic, but I've been away for a while.? Thanks, Dennis Hopkinton MA