From: Dex Dexter <dexterlabs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 2:37 pm
Subject: [TCML] MAX SPARK FOR FIXED VOLTAGE

I have a good question I don't know answer to.
QUESTION:
What is aproximately maximum spark lenght possible for a given output voltage
Tesla system generates?

Regardless of the efficiency,how long spark can be produced by a Tesla-type
impulsive devices with voltage levels:
1) 100 kV
2) 200 kV
3) 300 kV

Can a high power impulse source,like a Tesla transformer,put out a 10 feet long
spark with 'only' 100 kV voltage peaks?
To accomplish that it is free to use any power input level,any size and shape of
a terminal capacity,any firing rate wanted,andthe best high frequency excitation
waves mix.DRSSTC,VTTC,etc.
The only limiting thing is not to exceed 100 000 V terminal potential.
Supposing a normal atmosphere enviroment is that possible?
I know that in no circumstance 50 kV can close 5' wide gap unless directly
conducting path is formed somehow,or a
strong external ionization occurs ,like exposure to a flame,extremely powerful
lasers,but Tesla transformers are the
champs of 'spark pumping' and I was wondering what could be done with 100 kV.
Thanks for  your answers and explanations.

Dex