RE: [TCML] 100 PPS vs 500 PPS vs 1500 PPS...

Can we wrap up this discussion, by realizing that the spark length vs. power behavior at PPS rates outside of what is "typical" for Tesla coils, simply isn't known?  It's certainly a good and on-topic question, but no matter how many times one asks, we just don't know.  Spark behavior is an incredibly complex and non-linear thing.  One cannot study the behavior at 120PPS and make predictions out to 1500PPS; perhaps not even to 240PPS.  Your Ouiji board works as well as anyone elses.

And beyond that, if someone told two coilers to build a coil using a 120PPS gap, a 15/30 NST, and a .02uF cap, I can predict with confidence that the two resulting spark lengths will differ by a significant amount.  There are so many variables, predicting the outcome is next to impossible.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA