Re: [TCML] JAVATC PFC Query

Hi Phil,

In the link text description file that comes up when you click on the PFC text, note that it reads: "_/This is a ball park number as the actual "best" PFC capacitance may vary above or below this value due to other components in the system/_."

Realize that best PFC varies with each system. This value is listed only because it gives a ballpark value to start with, but you would do well to experiment. There was a point when I thought about removing the listing altogether, but as it's just a ballpark value to start from, I decided it might be helpful to someone.

I don't use PFC's as I haven't had the need. Some do, but really only needed when you start tripping breakers and want to take a stab at reducing reactive power. For hook up, you can certainly parallel 3 or use one large value (doesn't matter since the tranny inputs are all in parallel).

Take care,
Bart

Phil Tuck wrote:
Hello.

JavaTc gives the PFC value that is required based on the transformer
information you have entered. In my case I have entered 10,000v 150 m/a and
it gives 86uF (240 volts (50hz). But I am not using one single transformer
supplying this, as the program presumes. Instead I have three NST's each of
50m/a in parallel. So do I put a 86uf across the three ? or single 29uF caps
across each NST? Or either?

Regards

Phil