Re: [TCML] 1 Mhz ,1 kw

Lau, Gary wrote:
Capacitor dielectric losses and inductor skin-effect and proximity-effect losses will be significantly higher at 1 MHz.
Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA
I want to point out that in the example coil I handed out, AC losses (both skin and proximity were accounted for at 1MHz) are 10 times 'lower' than a 1000 turn coil of the same geometry. If one were to use the same wire size as a 1000 turn coil and simply make the coil smaller to get the coil at 1MHz, then yes. But those losses can be canceled should an experimenter desire to eliminate them from the data. Dielectric losses are different and cannot be eliminated.

Take care,
Bart