Re: [TCML] Wardenclyffe property up for sale

Tesla certainly did an amazing amount of work at Col. Springs, but there are
a few mistakes in this article.

Max spark length was approximately 38 feet (in his lab area) and max
potential approx 3 MEV.  Not hundreds of feet and not 12 million volts.
Richard Hull published this information in his book on Tesla's Col. Springs
experiments.  Rich did an extensive analysis and uncovered some errors, most
of which occured when authors did not substantiate their information.

The 145 ft. spark length is a gross error.  If you produce 145 ft. long
spark at the top of a tall mast, the mast being only a metal conductor, this
means you have to pass the mast up thru the roof of the structure under
which the main oscillator is located.

Any attempt to put this potential on a copper pipe would produce long sparks
from the copper pipe to the surrounding barn structure long before it
reached the copper sphere on top of the mast.

This error was published in J.J. O'neil's book, Prodigal Genius, and O'Neil
took generous liberties with his facts.

Tesla did note wave propagation features and reported the first long
distance reflected waves --- forerunners of modern radar machines.  Heinrich
Hertz (1857-1894) first reported reflection, diffraction, polarization, and
refraction of radio waves in his historic experiments circa 1888, but only
on a small laboratory scale.

At nearly the same time Prof. Lodge, in Liverpool, England, also reported
oscillations and waves during his investigations of "laboratory lightning"
using HV capacitors.  These investigations were the results of James Clerk
Maxwell (1831-1879) paper,Physical Lines of Force, published in 1861 and
1862.  Maxwell published his brilliant Treatise on Electricity and Magnetism
in 1873.  It is unclear if Tesla was aware of this paper at the time he
conducted his Col. Springs experiments.

Dr. Resonance