Re: [TCML] Chinese made polystyrene caps

Hi DC,

Good to know. Can you explain the failure type you encountered and even why they might handle lower power levels? If that is true, then it may (or may not) be worth looking into. I'm curious if you did a postmortem on the cap (current? pin hole breakdown? etc..). Also, if you did happen to look into the caps in some detail, could you describe the end construction?

Take care,
Bart

DC Cox wrote:
I've tested them.  They are not up to pole xmfr standards.  Perhaps good
below 5 kVA, but not above.

Our units are more expensive at $800, but still well below the $1,700
Maxwell price for the same unit.  Our are actually better for TC use since
the Q factor
is over 20,000 as compared with only 12,000 for the Maxwells.

Dr. Resonance