Re: [TCML] Capacitor encapsulent

Good luck! My experience with window glass capacitors has been uniformly disappointing - never got one to last very long. I also tried "potting" then in paraffin without any luck but I didn't have vacuum apparatus. Others may comment on their own stories.

Ed

Raymond Magdziarz wrote:

I'm building my capacitor using window glass and brass sheets. I plan on
using paraffin instead of transformer oil. I would draw a vacuum on the
container while the paraffin is liquid to get the bubbles out and then let
it solidify. Will this work, or what problems will I have.

Ray M.