RE: [TCML] Secondary resonant frequency with scope (discussion continuing)

You can make a dandy "Tesla Coil Tuner", designed by Terry Fritz, out of a single CMOS 555 and not much else, AND, the good part is you don't even need a scope.  Built-in LED's nicely show the resonance peaks (I've built this and recommend it).  I would just recommend a connection to an external frequency counter to accurately measure the frequency.

Plans/documentation is at http://www.classictesla.com/hot-streamer/TeslaCoils/Misc/TCT/TCT.htm

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA