Re: [TCML] SSTC opinions solicited

did you phase the xsistors prior to running power in the circuit?  If you
get them out of phase it's like switching a load into a short and the igbts
or mosfets rapidly fail.  With mosfets it's also a good idea to insert a
current limiting device 10-15 amps into the circuit to limit the current
while carefully measuring it thus preventing shorts, etc, from damaging
something.  This is later removed when proper circuit operation is verified
and measured.

also, verify your coeff of coupling in JAVATC.  Keep it below 0.2.  I never
run higher than 0.18 on my DRSSTC designs.  Some experimenters do, but
usually with eventual failure.

Dr. Resonance