RE: [TCML] mini Tesla coil specs

5kV/60 mA sounds good.
Thinner wire on secondary, lot of turns (above 1000)
Lower than resonant primary cap for a high BPS.

Take a look, this is one of my old projects made with a 9.5 kV/23 mA OBIT:

http://www.sciencezero.org/vasil/romtcb/dalu364tc.html

Unfortunately, I burned the OBIT (was no protection with safety gap), so the re-incarnation of the coil was with a smaller OBIT unit (5 kV/15 mA, with half of the shunts left in place for more current). A few pics:

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/6179/smalltc1.jpg

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2236/smalltc2.jpg

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2461/smalltc3.jpg

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/6224/smalltc4.jpg

And a little movie with the new setup:

http://www.youtube.com/user/teslina#p/u/12/-xA91B4Dt6A

For your unit I would go for a 7.5 cm diameter secondary, D/L = 1/4, 1200 turns with 0.25 mm wire.

Good luck

teslina