Re: [TCML] Pig based coil design.

I have a pig based coil that uses a rotary and runs in the 10 KW range. The idea of doing away with the rotary sounds very interesting to me. Can you give us some details on how your VSRSG is made? 12 foot arcs from a system using a .035 uf tank capacitor is remarkable.

Roger.
----- Original Message ----- From: <gary350@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, November 07, 2009 6:05 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Pig based coil design.

Ok.... what exactly are you looking for.  Plans you can copy?

Here is a link to my 10" coil. Secondary is 950 turns of #18 enamel coated copper wire close wound on a 10" diameter PVC pipe. Secondary coil has 3 coats of polyurthane. Primary coil flat would 1/4" copper tubing 1/2" spacing with strike rail. Variable speed vacuum fan RQ spark gap. Capacitor is .035 uf 40K volts. The coil produces 12 foot arcs on about 12KW at 14,000. volts. The variac tunes the spark gap to the exact speed to get maximum output. I can dial in about 1 extra ft of output arc length with the spark gap vacuum fan speed control.

My suggestion is forget the rotary it is just a fancy over priced toy. Build a variable speed vacuum fan spark gap.

http://home.earthlink.net/~gary350/tc10-4.jpg

I have a 15" diameter PVC pipe you can have it FREE if you come and get it in Murfreesboro TN 37129. I have a truck load of other diameter PVC pipe 6", 8" and 10" it is all free to anyone that will come and get it.