Re: [TCML] Help with high school Tesla coil

You need to add a series reactor limiting the primary current to short
circuit max of 8-10 Amps ---- then you can trace your problem in real time
with a meter or scope.

Back in my TV/radio repair days it was standard to have a 200 watt light
bulb in a bench socket to do such "short-locating" work.

It's no fun under power as you have to keep replacing parts and or/
sometimes breakers that go bad.  We used the light bulb idea after we blew a
few fuses.

Dr. Resonance