From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Andrew Robinson
Sent: 16 November 2009 05:49
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List; Stephen Robinson; Robinson, Stephen; Aron
Koscho; davidivy003@xxxxxxxxx; Paula Mansfield; ahurst71@xxxxxxxxx;
southernliberal@xxxxxxxxx; mktls2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Thomas Robinson;
stork3264@xxxxxxxxxxx; christopher.d.walbur@xxxxxxxx; usmcgoose@xxxxxxxxx;
dmwetli@xxxxxxxxxxxx; Chip Atkinson; wcmccarter@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TCML] SRSG Update. Very cool pictures!

Tesla list, (anyone else addressed too as well)

    Heres the latest update on the new SRSG. I figure at least I can get
some criticism on the design. Its been one hell of an engineering
process!!! Including both Solid Works time and machine shop time I'd say
we (three of us) have logged a total of 27 hours on this gap. Hopefully
we'll get some awesome results here soon. This gap has been designed to
be used in any kind of power setting. We're going for as small and
compact as we can, but still an efficient design. You can see in the
pics (provided below) that the motor is adjustable in its mount, thanks
to the efforts and confirming theories of everyone here on the list.
Some of the parts have already been brought to life. Its so amazing to
see your hard work go from a CAD drawing on a computer screen to being
milled out by the CNC machine. The base plate/motor mounts and octagonal
electrodes are all made of the same aluminum material. The base/mounts
have just been sandblasted and are waiting for their paint job.Should be
finishing everything up next Sunday. Now that the final revisions of the
Solid Works drawings are done (about 7 hours of todays labor) next time
we just have to program it all in to the CNC machines. Still have to
machine the G10 disc (Green) (Very scary... Has anyone out there ever
machined G10 on a CNC???), all the tungsten electrodes (Orange), the
motor flange (Deep Blue), the conducting ring to connect the electrodes
(Yellow), then we need to rework and tap the stationary electrodes and
insulators (Red and Yellow). All in all, the hardest stuff is done.
Thanks for looking! (Thanks for motor Chip!)

http://host.teslamad.com/SW1.pdf
http://host.teslamad.com/SW2.pdf
http://host.teslamad.com/SW3.pdf
http://host.teslamad.com/SW4.pdf