Re: [TCML] welder for a ballast........

Hey david...

at 60 -70 amps the streamers should be at least 9 feet more like 10-11 feet if tuned well...

if you are only doing 1 foot you should check your system out thouroghly...

Scot D

david baehr wrote:

Thanks !!!   ,,,I  didnt think it would heat up so quickly, even with lots of airflow. I was just gonna run it off & on for da tricks or treaters.....

       Now, how much overload can my 10kva take ?  (thats like 42 amp ,24/7 ? ) It should handle double that a minute or two at a time,..maybe more ?  but seems to pullin' 60-70 amp with the welder on max,...and thats enough :-)  Im on a 50amp breaker, but never tripped it..

    yea,..i could back off the welder,...but i  love thoese white, thick, 12" plus arcs !