Re: [TCML] Microwave caps

I'm pretty certain I've seen them used in coin shrinkers.May be worth a google search if interested.If I recall though none of the projects I saw used anywhere near ninety caps but perhaps you'll end up with a more robust end result than those before you.I would imagine ring launchers and rail guns are also feasible.Probably wouldn't hurt to place your caps in a sturdy enclosure no matter what you build.Just in case! Wyatt
------Original Message------
From: Joel Torgeson
Sender: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
ReplyTo: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: [TCML] Microwave caps
Sent: Sep 2, 2009 4:09 PM

A while ago I posted a question about the poor performance of my coil, and through the list's help, found out that microwave oven caps don't work in the tank circuit.
So here's my question: What should I do with 90 MWO caps? I have heard that they are used in voltage doublers and filters, but is there another project I could use them in? I have my eye on building a Marx generator, so would these work for that? Or any other project you all can think of?

Thank you for your time!

 Sincerely,
Joel Torgeson