Re: [TCML] VTTC geometries, opinions needed, Fo calc wanted, sword sparks, turning off a SCR in staccato mode

Hi Jim
Quite frankly, I would start building the coil and get it tuned and functional.
Add the staccato controller after you have the VTTC performing well.
You can control your plate voltage and I suggest a variac to ramp up and set the filament voltage too.

Remember, that if you are standing close to the coil, don't touch any grounded metal objects when it is operating. RF burns are nasty. You are building a really powerful RF source. The relatively quiet discharge sometimes produces a false sense of being harmless. Your plate voltage & current or worse the primary tank circuit can easily put you in cardiac arrest. I know you are not a novice, but we have new members
reading these posts so I thought I would just add the warning.

Start building.
John

 John W. Gudenas, Ph.D.
Professor of Computer Science