Re: [TCML] Capacitor calculator?

----- Original Message ----- From: "chuck" <asimov@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 4:40 PM
Subject: RE: [TCML] Capacitor calculator?

"An empty, sealed, inverted aluminum soda can will not quite fit in the
canister; you have to warm the plastic with a hair dryer before you can push
the can in. (You also have to
make a small hole in the bottom of the canister to let the air out. This
hole you later plug with silicone caulk)."

Why not just make a hole in the bottom of the soda can? The air can escape
and you won't have to seal it. Just sayin' . . .

Reply:

I seal the can's pop-top with metal tape, so the can is an airtight unit. I'd have to pierce the can twice (top and bottom) to allow the air trapped inside the lemonade canister to escape. That would work, but it seems easier and neater to poke one small hole in the bottom of the plastic canister.

PBT