[TCML] Topload Materials related to Primary Tuning question.

I've encounted another interesting thing which I am groping to explain, and would appreciate anyone's feedback who might be knowledgable about it.

I made a 20" x 5" steel ceiling hanger wire frame toroid with metal screening outer skin - I still have to take the time to make it screening smooth on the outside, it's still a bumpy toroid, but at 10 - 10.25 turns of the primary, it breaks out into streamers nicely, and calculations for tuning this were just about right on.   That is the background.

Next I got 4" aluminum dryer air duct from Lowes (enough for 8 feet length fully stretched out supposedly)  and stretched it out just enough to make a 20" toroid.  I was careful to measure the diameter, no mistaking that.     I calculated the primary turns needed to be somewhere between just over 10 to just under 10-3/4 turns.  The touble I am having is meaking this 20" x 4" toroid break out at all!!!   I've run from 7,8,9,10, and 11 turns and everything between, and it emits power lighting lightbulbs, but no streamers at all.   This is the question.

I gave the 20x5 toroid information because I am wondering it a screen-skin toroid has different ratings than a solid one ?     Otherwise, if I can get the 20x5 to break out easily, why can't I get the 20x4 to break out?  It ought to require less turns. So I am thinking to expand the size of the 20x4 to say 25x4 to see if that can't measure the capacitance up to a 20x5 toroid and maybe it will break out?    Of does it have something to do with the metal duct - or to how stetched out the skin of the duct is?

Many thanks,
Peter