Re: [TCML] crowned pulleys

I have to say here that, although I have been having difficulties with the
VDG I have built lately and I am no expert,
I cannot accept this statement without some other caveats.  As a teenager
back in the last century (Ooo, doesn't
that make me sound old) I cobbled together an 8" tall machine with a 3"
sphereish top and a 1/2" rubber
band on 1/2" pulleys.  I was able to generate 2" sparks with that little
thing without an electron spray.
Inch for inch the best performing thing I have ever made.  I am guessing
that if one were trying to charge a 24" sphere
with a relatively small belt and pulley then the leakage could over whelm
the accumulated charging.
 So there must be some other factors involved here.

Russell @ the Cape