Re: [TCML] Pole Pig

Hey Robert...

went to the Ebay listing you supplied and saw 3 things that will be "unsatisfying" if you purchased the units pictured.

1. They are 50KVA = Huge, very heavy, very hard to move around in general aspects. 2. The voltage stated it was 7200 V. Rather on the low side for Tesla coiling ( really should be in the 14,000 range)
     Kinda like putting a lawn mower motor in an 18 wheeler truck.
3. I saw only 1 insulator on top, this requires you to do some different wiring ( not like an NST with 2 insulators) to get things to work.

oh yea...  there is a number 4

4.  Current limiting a piggie that size would be a challenge...

Scot D

Robert Davies wrote:

Hello All,
A while back I purchased a 50kv x-ray transformer for my projects. Now I have the opportunity to purchase a pole pig that is in my local area. My question is what are your thoughts on the price? also I have found they are not so easy to get in Florida and if it's not local shipping can be more than the unit itself. This one I don't have to build a container for and locate oil and the like.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ABB-50-KVA-Pole-Type-Transformers-12470-GY-7200-120-240_W0QQitemZ150360378657QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBI_Circuit_Breakers_Transformers?hash=item23022d4d21&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262