[TCML] Electric Water Garden

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Mary Jane Mansfield <mjm_oceanwave@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, April 5, 2010 1:09:36 PM

Hello Tesla Coilers!!

Some of you may remember me from last fall when I submitted my idea for an Electric Water Garden with a Glass House that contains two large Tesla Coils.

After much research I came to the conclusion that the resources available were insufficient to construct an installation that would pass a public safety review by the funding committee.

I came up with the idea of replacing actual working Tesla Coils with 2 life size images printed on canvas to be hung in the house.

This was evidently the best choice as I am proud to announce that the project received an NEA grant and will be constructed this summer at Franconia Sculpture Park in Minnesota.

I would like to give credit to Ken May for the amazing Tesla Coil he created.
His photo will be featured in the Glass House.

You can see it here:
http://tornadoskysunrise.blogspot.com/

A very heart felt thank you goes out to Miles Waldron of Gravity Magnet for support in formulating the creative vision and helping me on my way to building my own Tesla Coils. Undoubtedly they will shape the direction of new work I will be creating in the near future.

The work will be completed by Sept 15 2010. The park is open to visitors during construction and all are invited to stop by and talk to the artists.

Thank you all for your help along the way. I admire everyone's enthusiasm with the craetion of so many fantastic Tesla Coils.

Kind regards,
Mary Jane Mansfield