Re: [TCML] Lacquer

I'm not sure there is any electrical benefit to coating the secondary
coil.  Coating does not inhibit corona or racing sparks.  If you hold
any conductive object near the secondary, it's going to arc through
any kind of coating, so just don't do that.  The only benefit to
coating is mechanical protection against abrasion, and aesthetics.

The most common coating is oil-based polyurethane, which sticks better
than the water-based flavor.  There are other formulations made for
applying a thick clear coat to table tops, that reportedly also work
well, but I've not personally tried these.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA