Re: [TCML] Primary standoff's and attaching them to the primary base.

Thomas Schmit wrote:
I second the nylon bolts. Drill and tap your stand-offs for 1/4 by 20, for instance, and pick up a bag of nylon 1/4 bolts at your local big box store. You can also order large quantities of nylon bolts online - probably much cheaper if you need more than a small handful.
___

Hello All

 I've been trying to come up with some practical ways to attach my High-density polyethylene standoffs to a wood base
and there's pretty much no adhesive that I can find to do this. I'm thinking I might have to attatch them by some
sort of mechanical fastener. Does anyone have any suggestions?

If you're a woodworker or know one, another approach is to make a dovetail groove in the wood base, and the matching dovetail in the support, then slide them in.

Another related approach is the "wedgelock" approach.

You could also make your base out of polyethylene, and (thermally) weld the standoffs to the base.

But overall, plastic screws are probably easiest.