Re: [TCML] Extremely cheap (surplus?) doorknob capacitor source?

I have bought ex-Soviet doorknob caps from this fellow [yury-ckm] on eBay. He's in Ukraine. I got a couple dozen caps from him. His prices and service were excellent. Search for him on eBay to see what his curent offerings are.

Paul

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Karr" <chriskarr4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Tesla Pupman List" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 10:49 PM
Subject: [TCML] Extremely cheap (surplus?) doorknob capacitor source?

Hello everyone,

I am currently looking for a cheap source of doorknob capacitors rated at from 10KVRMS to 20KVRMS (15- to 30-thousand volts peak-rated) at the highest value possible, though at the lowest price possible. The intended use is, primarily, a VTTC, though a CW multiplier is also being designed for the purpose of building a home-brew, linear particle accelerator (LinAc).

I am sixteen years old, low on funds, and looking for values on the order of a nano-Farad or two per capacitor. My price-ceiling is quite low, sadly: $100 in total; payable by PayPal or cash-transfer.

To be honest, I know that there are few sources of doorknob capacitors in somewhat-large volume for this price, though I am optimistic and shall remain that way.

Thank you for all of your help, past and present,

- Christopher Karr