RE: [TCML] Would a Tesla coil work in a vaccum?

Re-read the original question :-) He clearly states that the toroid is outside of the vacuum chamber and fed via high voltage feed through - i.e. only the secondary coil and primary coil are in vacuum. Thus, sparks DO occur just the same as with an oridinary TC.

________________________________

From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Brandon Garretson
Sent: Sat 4/17/2010 3:26 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Would a Tesla coil work in a vaccum?

I agree with Bill.
No gasses, no sparks.
When you ask "would a TC WORK in a vacuum?" you need to define "work".
Would the circuit oscillate? Yes (I assume anyway). Would we see any sparks? No.
I personally would have no interest in building or seeing seeing a
coil that did not make sparks.
So by my interpretation of the word "work" in this context, I would
have to say no.
Good question though, it was fun to think about.