[TCML] 60/50Hz Tesla Coil?

So I just built my first solid state coil this year, and in thinking about
the nature of primary circuit driving, I got wondering, wouldn't it be
possible to design a Tesla Coil in which the secondary resonated at (or
near) 60/50Hz? The primary coil could be plugged directed into the wall with
no need for any driving circuitry, save for maybe a reactor to limit the
current.

Thoughts? Has anyone tried this?

Cheers!
Greg

--
Greg Weyrich Morris
VP External - Engineering Undergraduate Society