From: "Bert Hickman" <bert.hickman@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 7:36:26 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [TCML] Variac motors

Jay,

If you have the proper phase-shift capacitor and resistor connected,
then the motor's direction will be governed by the CW/CCW switch
positions as shown in figure 5. It sounds like you may be running
without the phase shifting components. Are you sure you have the motor
connected properly and you're using the properly sized R and C for the
motor?

Bert
--
We specialize in UNIQUE items: coins shrunk by ultra-strong magnetic
fields, Captured Lightning Lichtenberg figure sculptures, and scarce