[TCML] 120 VAC 10 KVA Reactive Primary Amperage Consumptions

I was quite surprised to find that my 10 KVA Pole pig only consumes 0.1 A with no secondary load from wall voltage. This is in contrast to other higher voltage transformers at hand for testing where an 80 lb one with an unknown KVA rating consumed 1.22 A in comparison to the 1 KVA one tested at .55 A. Another electrical engineer expressed the opinion that, the bigger the KVA rating, the more reactive it appears, thus less amperage and not more will appear on a measurement of its reactive amperage alone. Thus it appears that I am totally wrong in this assumption I have made.
HDN