RE: [TCML] Capacitor differences

Miles,

The 940-series capacitors are not inherently rated at 3KV. Also, they are not 'self-healing' and, as such, are more susceptible to damage.

Here is the part-number designation for the Cornell Dubilier capacitors:
XXX? (942C: series name) XX (20: 2,000V) ?XX (P15: 150nF) X-X (K-F: tolerance & type; film-foil, in this case, I believe..)
XXX?XX?XXX-X
942C20P15K-F

Also, the 940C are much better for IGBT snubber capacitors, in my mind.

 - Christopher Karr