From: Brandon Garretson <garretsontech@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, April 22, 2010 11:47:29 AM
Subject: [TCML] PFC for dual NSTs

While revamping my entire Tesla Coil I decided to get a power boost by
adding a second transformer.
I will be running it with dual 12/30s (parallel) and I am not sure of
the best way to approach the power factor correction.
At 138V I believe I should be using a 50MFD cap in parallel with a
single 12/30 NST.
Now, what I’m having a hard time with is visualizing the most
appropriate way to set this up for two NSTs.
Should I;
A. Get two 50MFD caps and connect them CAP-TRANS-CAP-TRANS?
B. Get a single 100MFD cap and connect them CAP-TRANS-TRANS?
C. Get a single 100MFD cap and connect them TRANS-CAP-TRANS?

As always your input is valued and treasured…

Thanks!

Brandon from Jersey