Re: [TCML] MMC *

Be sure to put enough caps in series to get the voltage rating you need. I always play it safe and double the power supply. I like to have things pretty much bullet proof.  I don't want to spend a lot of money only to have it go up in smoke.

I mount my caps side by side 1/4" space between each cap. Then I wire them together in series making sure there are no sharp pointed solder connections. Sharp needle points arc easy.  Then I wire all the series strings in parallel with 1" space between each series string.