From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Richard Schmuke
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2010 10:20 AM
To: 'Tesla Coil Mailing List'
Subject: RE: [TCML] Secondary winding jig

Nice set up for winding , as said before it would be a little fast for me
with a 8 tube. I must ask the green stuff, it would not be a product called
Ren 1220?
Rich , KdØzz
My wife complains I mess with stuff too much but I have a "tinkering virus"

  Subject: [TCML] Secondary winding jig

  Here's my attempt at a secondary winding Jig.
<http://yfrog.com/n6coilwinderz>  I'm hoping to be able to wind up to an 8"
form on this.  The PVC on there now is 4" x 24".

  The motor is an Oriental Induction motor I got at a surplus store, and as
such it's not speed adjustable.  Though the torque is quite high - which
could be a downside if I wind up breaking wire - I'm hoping that by only
loosely afixing the PVC core to the rotating shaft (with masking tape) the
tape will give free before the wire breaks.  The gray PVC endcaps have been
turned on my lathe and fit pretty snugly, though they will slip.  Hoping
that will act as a "clutch".

  Never did this before, so this is a Version 1.0.

  Cheers,

  Tesla mailing list
  Tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Regards