Re: [TCML] Looking for MMC Capacitors

I believe that the calculator on the deepfriedneon site yields the
mains-resonant value, which is NOT recommended.  Instead, a Larger Than
Resonant (LTR) value should be used.  A chart listing common NST sizes vs.
the LTR cap size for static and SRSG gap types may be found at
http://deanostoybox.com/hot-streamer/temp/MMCcapSales.gif (and other sites).

Hopefully my experiment involving a dummy load vs. various cap sizes will
shed additional light on this topic.  More data in a week or so.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA