Re: [TCML] Running Tesla without scondary?

No, don't do it.  Just seeing if the gap fires really doesn't tell you
anything.  If you want, you can wire the cap directly across the NST,
_without_ the capacitor, and that will tell you is the gap width is properly
set, but running the complete primary circuit without a secondary is not
advisable.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA