Re: [TCML] Racing sparks - question

HI Bert,

I can't thank you enough for the detailed explanation.

After I wrote the note to you I went back to a couple books - and I think your explanation as a modulation makes the most sense to me.  Heterodyne  2 signals, get sum and difference as well as the two original ones.  If the k is high you get this sum/difference generation, low k, the detuned primary can happily coexist at it's own freq - not that the sum and differences aren't happening, they're just very suppressed.

Makes sense, absolutely.

Your explanation is actually one of the clearest I have read.  Worth saving and rereading.

Thanks so much,
Joe