Re: [TCML] Primary Support Materials

Gary,

I think the concern with PVC on the primary is possibly when you get a
streamer hit to the primary, it can quickly carbonize it.  At least thats
why i prefer HDPE, it seems much more resilient to this.  If your strike
rail is supported by PVC, it can likely carbonize near the support points,
which makes the problem much worse as there is substantial E-field on the
strike ring, so any carbon-needles on the supports will promote flashovers
to the secondary (this has been my experience).  Of course, i had the same
problem with dirt build up on my HDPE supports, but it was fixed with a
thorough cleaning.

Steve